Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday am

My body insisted that 6am was the right time to get up this morning. So I saw day break in a hotel on the Euston Road.

The other people in the restaurant were either Chunnel workers, perpetually single men of advanced years, or sturdy female German tourists. And me. Sat in a corner, reading Vanity Fair.

I realised, with a little sigh that I'd got the weekend the wrong way round. At 6am on a Saturday morning, I'm supposed to be in Fire, my arms, eyes and legs akimbo.

It's now 10am, and I've done nearly everything I'd aim to do in a normal weekend. What the hell do I do now?

8 comments:

electricshame said...

find an orgy, obviously.

Skip said...

god. that's a good point. but i'm curiously "off" the sex this week. I blame the dental anaesthetic - I think Lee's slipped some Bromide in it.

Have spent 5 hours building a fuck off Lego Castle. I swear, this time, Lego dragon stands no chance.

Caliope said...

Talking of building big in Lego - this bloke built a full size working harpsichord.

www.henrylim.org/Harpsichord.html

Skip said...

oh my word! that's amazing. but it sounds dreadful!

Andrea said...

Damn if only I'd seen this sooner you could have come round here and finished my ironing!

It's been too beautiful to stay indoors hope you went out somewhere lovely!

Skip said...

Oh, there was lots. There was the Brunswick-Bloomsbury Festival (12 foot countesses and accordionists on penny farthings), there was trying to avoid the rugby, there were walks in the sunshine, there was a French Film. It was all a bit wistful.

Oh, and soooo much lego. Seriously.

electricshame said...

Can i come and build a lego stately home?

Skip said...

Do come round and build a Lego stately home. But you've got to be careful about parking.