Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Who to blame for winter?

Well, that was summer. We're now in that weird fortnight where I continually refuse to switch the central heating on and pretend that it's not yet cold enough to cycle wearing gloves.

Of course, it doesn't help that I've got all the windows open so that the cat can sit on the window ledges. She nearly caught a pigeon this morning, bless her. But that doesn't make up for the rain, which she has decided is My Fault.

I envy her. I would like to have something to blame for everything. When I was young it was my parents, Maggie, the school bully, or compulsory rugby. Now I'm older... there's no real single blame figure. Which makes things more complicated. I mean, the Today Programme has been really hard going recently, what with the Global Financial Meltdown (TM). Clearly it's someone's fault, but no-one's exactly clear who.

Personally, I would love to see Shit Miss Marple from ITV investigate the Global Credit Crisis. She'd gather the suspects in a room, twinkle at them coldly, and then calmly explain that it was caused by lesbians.

5 comments:

GalFord said...

I don't think it was lesbians... I blame Alan Carr and Dale Winton.

Skip said...

I do too. For many things.

Perry Neeham said...

I always find that blaming George Bush is satisfyingly accurate.

I've got nothing against ill-read, inarticulate, unimaginative, thick people you understand. I just don't think they should be Presidents.

Sarah said...

Things are normally rick's fault. Even when he's on holiday.

Caliope said...

I blame 'them' - they're usually responsible.